Sunday, April 25, 2010

Late Library Haul


Well, I turned in lots of stuff, and checked out less. So that was a win. I can't remember what my Spring Challenge is, and this is Screen Turn-off Week for us (postponed from last week due to illness). I can't look up anything on my blog, and there will be even less linking than usual. I had to get Special Dispensations to publish anything at all. We can all be grateful, although please do not comment on whether you are grateful I can put up anything at all, or that my posting will be limited by more than my innate sloth.

Wouldn't this be a good spot for a picture of a sloth? Tragically, I cannot search the Internet for one, because that would be cheating.

Anyway, last Thursday my hold shelf offered up:
  • Steering the Craft, Ursula LeGuin, more essays, this time apparently all on how to write.
  • Genesis, Bernard Beckett. SF book about a doctoral thesis, I believe.
  • Ender's Shadow: Command School. My son and my brother have both already read this graphic book. My copy, I mean. I make my books wait their turn.
  • The First Part Last, Angela Johnson. Teen-dad book I've seen recommended all over.
  • Domestic Arrangements, Norma Klein. I'd better get my Shelf Discovery Challenge posts written; I'd be done if I were caught up.
  • Snakehead, Anthony Horowitz. Alex Rider does something incredible.
  • Changeless, Gail Carriger. Another 2nd book. I'd better sign up for the challenge before I finish it.
I picked out four music CDs, and then Seanan McGuire's A Local Habitation (another 2nd!) leaped into my bookbag. Go figure.

Total Books from Library Elf (counting all the kid stuff that I'm legally responsible for even if I hope not to read it): 62. Stuff on my card: 52. Of course, about half of the kids' stuff is music I forced them to check out, but still, well away from triple digits.

I can't sign up for Library Loot this week, as that is on the internet. That's a weekly event hosted in turns by Eva's A Striped Armchair and Marg's Reading Adventures where bloggers can share their library finds of the week. But you should go do it for me!

No comments: