Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Status

Another quiet week of reading, with no screaming or rushing about. I start a new book every day, and I finish one every other day or so. No problems there, right?

Open books:
  • And Falling, Fly, Skyler White. Haven't made much progress, but so far I like the human more than the vampire. Go figure.
  • The Prisoner, Carlos Cortez. They got back into sewage! Help.
  • How To Teach Physics To Your Dog, Chad Orzel.
  • Pioneer Woman Cooks, Ree Drummand. I'm paused on a recipe I hope I cook this week. I hate cooking, so we'll see.
  • Enchanted Glass, Diana Wynne Jones. I mostly hold it and smell it. I'm a bit scared to read it, because then it will be done. I do love me my DWJ.
  • Olivia Kidney and the Exit Academy. Book two, which means it's for a challenge I keep meaning to sign up for.
  • Wishing For Tomorrow, Hilary McKay. Sequel to Little Princessl, so either really good or awful.
  • Hanging Out with Cici, by Fancine Pascal. For Shelf Discovery

  • One last list: Books I Have Finished This Week.

  • Scorpia, Anthony Horowitz . Alex Rider joins the bad guys!
  • Ark Angel, Anthony Horowitz. Alex Rider and the Space Hotel!
  • Your Inner Fish, Neil Shubin. Paleontologist looks at what fossils say about you. Well, about me.
  • Heart of a Shepherd, Rosanne Perry. Powerful book about a boy with a deployed army father on a ranch.
  • Rain Is Not My Indian Name, Cynthia Leitich Smith. Boy dies, girl lives with sadness, but good.
  • Cheek By Jowl, Ursula LeGuin. Essays about fantasy literature with a strong love of good writing and language.
  • The complete Miles Vorkosigan series, but skipping around and concentrating on the good parts (which doesn't actually save much time; the good bits are packed tightly). Thanks again for some great books, Lois McMaster Bujold.
  • No comments: