Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gearing Up!

This weekend is the Fifth Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge. Once again MotherReader is hosting and setting up the rules. I'm looking at going from Friday night to Sunday night, and I think I've talked my kids into coming along for a 24 hour tour of it.

My theme this year will be finishing books. I'm going to try to mostly read books I'm in the middle of, maybe starting a few new library books. So I'll track hours read, and maybe pages, but my total books read won't really reflect reality. I plan to clock in at least 20 hours, and I hope at least 24. We've set up the Saturday meal plan to involve order-in pizza, and the kids are primed for helping out. I'm picturing meals brought me into bed, but I think they are picturing hours of uninterrupted Wii time as mom ignores all policing duties.

Since the school fundraiser is a Fun Run on Friday, I think I'll target our school library as my charity. I donate $1/book finished + $1/ hour read. I'm looking forward to this!

No comments: