I heroically avoided all stacks and only retrieved my hold books, plus some DVDs that N chose as Transformer alternates.
- Sold, by Patricia McCormick, which promises to be both horrifically depressing and written in poems, which I tend to heartily dislike. Hmm.
- All Clear, by Connie Willis. The second half of her book about World War II. I hope I remember enough of the first half to make sense of it. The smart people waited for this one before starting.
- Coronets and Steel, by Sherwood Smith. I always love Smiths books, except for the first 25-50 pages which I find slow going. So libraries are perfect, since they force me to read. I tend to end up buying the books.
- Shadow, a picture book by Suzy Lee recommended on Bookie-Woogie.
- 3 Yu-Gi-Oh Manga, which my kids will be glad to see when they return, sometime next year.
- Warren Zevon's Greatest Hits (CD), which will be listening on my school circles.
Since I have few CDs out, and almost no picture books, I have peeled my outstanding holdings down to a reasonable number: 42. And that includes things like the Yu-Gi-Oh stuff which I really should put on the kids' cards. I'm in good shape for the New Year, and am skipping Library Loot because I forgot to post this on time, and tomorrow I go back to the library.