Sunday, January 2, 2011

Late, Last Library Haul

I had forgotten to pause my holds (or return a last few items) before leaving for Christmas, so one of the first orders of business on my return was a trip to the library.  N graciously accompanied me in the (futile) hope of scoring more Transformer goodness.

I heroically avoided all stacks and only retrieved my hold books, plus some DVDs that N chose as Transformer alternates.

I got:
  • Sold, by Patricia McCormick, which promises to be both horrifically depressing and written in poems, which I tend to heartily dislike.  Hmm.
  • Image of itemAll Clear, by Connie Willis.  The second half of her book about World War II.  I hope I remember enough of the first half to make sense of it.  The smart people waited for this one before starting.
  • Image of itemCoronets and Steel, by Sherwood Smith.  I always love Smiths books, except for the first 25-50 pages which I find slow going.  So libraries are perfect, since they force me to read.  I tend to end up buying the books.
  • Shadow, a picture book by Suzy Lee recommended on Bookie-Woogie.
  • 3 Yu-Gi-Oh Manga, which my kids will be glad to see when they return, sometime next year.
  • Warren Zevon's Greatest Hits (CD), which will be listening on my school circles.
Since I have few CDs out, and almost no picture books,  I have peeled my outstanding holdings down to a reasonable number: 42.  And that includes things like the Yu-Gi-Oh stuff which I really should put on the kids' cards.  I'm in good shape for the New Year, and am skipping Library Loot because I forgot to post this on  time, and tomorrow I go back to the library.

No comments: