Friday, March 25, 2011

Aspergers Explained, Finally

I'm continuing my quest to understand more about Aspergers and autism in general, and this time I picked out a nonfiction title from the kids section. Kathy Hoopman wrote All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome, and with a title like that I figured I'd like it.

It's basically a picture book, with fun pictures of kittens illustrating a line of text describing common attributes of people with Aspergers. Of course, cats make everything look good, so it's a very positive portrayal. This is the first book on this topic I've gotten that X enjoyed as well; he considers it the best description so far of how he feels sometimes. I just have to remember that X is basically a cat, and then his reactions and misunderstandings make a lot more sense.  A

No comments: