This meme is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books. It's a chance to look at what people have, are, and will real.
Books I completed:
- Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton
- The High King of Montival by S.M. Stirling
- Working Words: Punching the Clock and Kicking Out the Jams edited by M.L. Liebler
- Happy Birthday, Bad Kitty by Nick Bruel
- The House of the Stag by Kage Baker
- Eli the Good by Silas House
I'll also include the picture books I read for various challenges:
- The Hive Detectives by Loree Griffin Burns (Cybils)
- All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome by Kathy Hoopman
- The Babysitters (Cork and Fuzz) by Dori Chaconas (Cybils)
- Flora's Very Windy Day by Jeanne Birdsall (Cybils)
My reviews are coming out a week or so after the books get read because of the large buffer I built up for vacation, which didn't get used since I couldn't get online enough to tell them to post. So now I can kick back for months more. Most of these books have reviews in line to get posted. Probably. Yes, I know you just can't wait, adoring public. And what am I reading now?
- Guardian of the Dead, Karen Healey (for Cybils challenge, now back in its rightful spot)
- Raven Hill Mysteries 1 and 2, Emily Rodda, which I bought at a book fair because I like the author
- The Widow and the King, John Dickinson, sequel to a book I read because he's Robin McKinley's stepson
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus, which is a collection of comics
- Territory, Emma Bull (vacation book)
- Hammered, Elizabeth Bear (vacation book)
- Bad Prince Charlie, John Moore (vacation book)
- Interior Life, Katherine Blake (vacation book)
- Glass Harmonica, Louise Marley (vacation book)
- The Rogue's Return, Jo Beverly (vacation book)
- The Hob's Bargain, Patricia Briggs (vacation book)
- Flying Solo Ralph Fletcher (borrowed by a kid, now returned)
- The Privilege of the Sword Ellen Kusher. (I'm scared about what will happen, so I'm reading very slowly)
I actually have bookmarks in a few other books, but I'm not actively reading them. Mainly I'm reading the top four with occasional pushes into a vacation book. I have more Cybils books up next, as well as an Librarything EarlyReader arc about what a fraud global warming is. The library books get top priority, since so many of them are due. The avalanche is moving to crush me.
In other challenge news, I've read 16/52 A-Z books, 17 Cybils books, finished my first Michigan book, identified two books that work for the 20/11 Challenge, and checked off a total of nine states for Where Am I Reading. I've read three books from Arizona -- what are the odds of that?