The library pilgrimage was made with all four kids this week; even X came along to pick up his latest Ranger's Apprentice book. A and P spent the time surfing the web (no Facebook access from juvenile computers! The horror!). The library delighted N by producing the next Yu-Gi-Oh DVD, which was a pleasant surprise; the morning computer check had him fifth in line. I pointed out Diary of a Fly and Diary of a Spider since he had enjoyed Doreen Cronin's Diary of a Worm so much. X found a Star Wars book and a Spiderman book. I like it when kids check out books, although I can see why P feels I check out enough for all of us.
There has been a massive upgrade in the online system, but it still waits patiently for N while he proudly checks his own stuff out. I managed to skip eight items but luckily caught the mistake and went back to check them out. From the hold shelf I grabbed:
- Shark Vs. Train, by Chris Barton and Tom Lichtenheld. Cybils Picture Book.
- Among Others, by Jo Walton. I forgot that I bought my own copy because I couldn't wait for my hold. Oops. I guess this means it's time to reread it.
- Candle Man Book Two: The Society of Dread, by Glenn Dakin. Next in the series
- Tortall and Other Lands, by Tamara Pierce. Short stories by a known author.
- Plain Kate, by Erin Bow. Cybils finalist.
- Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000, by Eric Wight. Another Cybils book.
- Tall, Dark, and Fearless, by Suzanne Brockman. Well, it wasn't on hold but only because I noticed the library had it when I went to reserve it. I've seen several good reviews of her.
- Kidz Bop 10 CD, from my continued musical quest.
I also got five other CDs, grabbing at random, and then in the car found that one had two discs in it, so it overflowed the CD player. I'll sneak one back tomorrow, along with Walton's book.
That brings me to 82 items out on my card, from 80 last week. I seem to be hovering. I'm off to Marg's The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader (she's this week's host) to sign up for Library Loot. That's where all us library lovers go to compare our hauls for the week.