Friday, March 11, 2011

Pretty Pictures: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Panel to Panel

Well, I'm learning new things about Buffy all the time.  Such as there were a zillion comic books about her and her friends, so I'll go see what the library has to offer. But while leafing through the beautiful pages of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Panel to Panel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Dark Horse)), I also inadvertently learned a lot about comics themselves.

I learned that different people might do the pencils, the ink, the lettering, the script, and the colors for a comic, and that the cover may or may not have any relation to the art and work within.  Well, I had known that last bit, but I assumed it was a mistake or my inability to see the connection.  The descriptions of the process of many of the comic series also revealed a lot about how and why art changes as it does and what some of the styles imply.  I'm still not a comic expert (HA), but I think I'll go check out some Dark Horse comics and see if any of my new understanding helps.  B

No comments: