Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Status Check

On Monday Sheila at Book Journey asks people to check in on what they read that week, what they are reading right now, and what they plan to read in the upcoming week. I like taking a step back to see what I've been wasting my time on lately.  I mean, instead of reading.

Books I completed:
  • Spymaster's Lady, by Joanna Bourne.  Recommended by a friend.
  • Meanwhile: Pick Any Path, by Jason Shiga. Cybils finalist.
  • Belly Up, by Stuart Gibbs.  Cybils finalist.
  • Guardian of the Dead, by Karen Healey.  Cybils finalist.
  • Buffy the Vampire Omnibus I.  Comic anthology.
  • Hamster and Cheese: Guinea Pig Pet Private Eye,  by Colleen Venerable.  Cybils Finalist. 
  • Raven Hill Mysteries: Ghost of Raven Hill/Sorcerer's Apprentice, by Emily Rodda.
I'll also include the picture books I read for various challenges:
  • Interrupting Chicken, David Ezra Stein.  Cybils Finalist.
  • We Are In a Book, by Mo Willems.  Cybils Finalist.
Some reviews of last week's books showed up, and a few of this week's may show up eventually.  Maybe.   I hope.

Right now I'm reading: 
  • The Global Warming Deception, by Grant Jeffrey.  An bad book that has really slowed down my reading since I'm stuck with it.  I thought it would be a science book, but it's religious.
  • Silver Borne, by Patricia Briggs.  Reread because the next one will be out soon.
  • The Widow and the King, John Dickinson, sequel to a book I read because he's Robin McKinley's stepson.  Edging along, although eventually I'll just gulp it down.
  • Dark Emperor and Other Poems of the Night, Joyce Sidman.  Cybils poetry finalist; P and I read one poem a night.  He has a low tolerance for poems, but the pictures are good enough that he puts up with it. 
  • Territory, Emma Bull (vacation book)
  • Hammered, Elizabeth Bear (vacation book)
  • Bad Prince Charlie, John Moore (vacation book)
  • Interior Life, Katherine Blake (vacation book)
  • Glass Harmonica, Louise Marley (vacation book)
  • The Rogue's Return, Jo Beverly (vacation book)
  • The Hob's Bargain, Patricia Briggs (vacation book)
  • Flying Solo Ralph Fletcher (borrowed by a kid, now returned)
  • The Privilege of the Sword Ellen Kusher. (I'm scared about what will happen, so I'm reading very slowly)
I actually have bookmarks in a few other books, but I'm not actively reading them.  The top three are my main reads.  Next up are more books recommended by friends and family (there was a challenge about that).  Some library books also get top priority, since so many of them are due, although fewer than last week.  

No comments: