Thursday, May 5, 2011

Small Step Forward, Giant Leap Back

Renton Library

Last week my kids spent with their father and I took a trip to visit my dad.  Which meant extra reading but less reviewing, which means not many books or CD's went back to the library.  Librarians had no such issues, which means they had more books ready for me when I came back. 

Today the hold shelves delivered:
  • Strange Blood
  • Margaret Sanger: Pioneer of the Future
  • Aunt Dimity and the Family Tree
  • Dark Mirror
My older son picked Ender's Shadow for our family read for May, which reminded him to check for new Card graphic novels, which for some reason got checked out on my card.  N found a new movie, but since we already have the complete collection of Elephant and Piggie books out for him, he wisely avoided new books. P was convinced to check out Jon Scieszka's Funny Business, because he agreed that short stories matched his jet-lagged reading abilities this week.

We also got six new CD's for the car, leading to a tantrum on my part when the kids behaved obnoxiously during West Side Story.  I think I will only get classical instrument pieces next week.

That brings me to 87 items out on my card, not counting the ebook.  That is more than 79.  I will soon hit my library's insanely high limit of 100 items. Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Clare from The Captive Reader take turns with the linky for Library Loot. That's where all us library lovers go to compare our hauls for the week.

No comments: