Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Book Breakthrough

Renton LibrarySince his hold had not arrived, X decided not to accompany us to the library.  I suspect the siren song of a Star Wars video game, but it did make for a more peaceful trip, since N's vendetta had nowhere to focus.  On a more positive note, I reminded N how much he enjoyed Mo Willems' We Are In a Book, and showed him more books about Elephant and Piggy.  He checked out them all.  There's a reading buddy after my own heart!  

My holds are ever present; today I pulled down:Image of itemImage of itemImage of item
  • A Kiss in Time, Alex Flinn.  A fairy tale retelling for Once Upon a Time challenge. (no picture)
  • Obsessive Genius, Barbara Goldsmith. I picked this one from the bibliography of the other Curie book.
  • Sharing the Seasons, Lee Bennett Hopkins.  Next Cybils poetry book.
  • Kidz Bop 12.  I've already recognized two songs! I'm so hip.  Just ask my kids.
I've also finished the previous batch of picture books from my goal of reading a book from every shelf in the library, so I went down the last row of picture books and pulled out nine books.  I hope I got some goodies.  The next section is series books, so I'll have to see if the fourth graders want to continue sharing picture books with me. (Preliminary answers -- hearty affirmative.  The heart glows.)

That brings me to 81 items out on my card, from 81 last week (I skipped posting).  I seem to be hovering.  Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Clare from The Captive Reader (she's this week's host) take turns with the linky for Library Loot. That's where all us library lovers go to compare our hauls for the week.

No comments: