What did I read?
- Alien in the Family, Gini Koch (ebook)
- Tales of the Vampires, comics
- The House on the Strand, Daphne Du Maurier
- Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000, Eric Wight
- Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider), Anthony Horowitz
- The Ghost in the Little House, William Holtz
- A Presumption of Death, Jill Paton Walsh (& Dorothy Sayers)
- You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know, Heather Sellers
What trends do I see? My over extension at the library is heavily driving my reading choices. Oh, I also read two kidlit series books as part of the read-your-library adventure:
- Cam Jansen and the Green School Mystery, David Adler
- That's What Friends Aren't For (Dear Dumb Diary #9), Jim Benton
Right now I'm reading:
- The Man Handler, by Cairo. I got this off a list of books challenged from a library. I'm tempted to challenge it at my library.
- Plain Kate, Erin Bow. Another Cybils book
- Tiassa, Steven Brust. A new one, lent by my brother.
- Queen's Play, Dorothy Dunnet, my Nook book
- Territory, Emma Bull (vacation book)
- Hammered, Elizabeth Bear (vacation book)
- Bad Prince Charlie, John Moore (vacation book)
- Interior Life, Katherine Blake (vacation book)
- Glass Harmonica, Louise Marley (vacation book)
- The Rogue's Return, Jo Beverly (vacation book)
- The Hob's Bargain, Patricia Briggs (vacation book)
- Flying Solo Ralph Fletcher (borrowed by a kid, now returned)
- The Secret Duke, Jo Beverly. Found under my bedside table with a bookmark.
- How I Met My Countess, Elizabeth Boyle. Also found.
I'm just poking at the vacation books; mostly I'm reading the top four. I've got the new Walsh/Sayers on my list, as well as some books due next week. My brother lent me some stuff that is now on top of my TBR pile, and I have the next bunch of Cybils books waiting for me.
Quick stats on my Challenges:
A-Z: 24/52. One more down. I'm just inching along here.
Cybils: 34/76. One more. I'm currently reading another though.
Michigan: 1/2 I just read the second book, but it's awaiting review.
Once Upon a Time: 6/5. (Still)
Read Around the World: 7/20. Half of my books will end up being Ranger's Apprentice books. I'm signing up for a setting challenge because authors are hard.
Stream: 3/3. I found another biography in the references for my next read.
Take a Chance: 3/10. I haven't reviewed this many, but I've read three. I picked out the next one too.
20/11: 10/20. Plus a few more waiting to be reviewed.
What's In a Name?: 4/6.
Where Am I Reading?: 17/50. I got to Florida, Missouri, and Nevada.